You may have spent a lot of money building a website with all the bells and whistles, but if the right people can’t find your website then it really doesn’t do you any good. This is the basis behind search engine optimization (SEO): increasing traffic to your website with efficient organic search results from search engines.
Don’t believe that SEO is that important? Here are some things to consider (click on the data point below to view the source):
- Over 90% of the people that use the Internet use a search engine
- 3 out 4 people will select an organic search result versus a paid result
- Almost half of people will click on the top organic search result
- Very few people look past the 2nd page of their search results
- Google, Yahoo, and Bing account for the majority of global Internet traffic
- More than half of online transactions begin with search engines
- SEO is more effective than banner ads
So, unless you have absolutely no competition for your keywords, SEO is a cost-effective way to increase the visibility of your website. Click here for a few ethical and not so ethical SEO techniques.