As mentioned several months ago, I (Travis) and Steve added our input to a great follow-up discussion as featured guest for the weekly #EMchat Twitter discussion. Last night was the continuation of a chat that started back in June regarding the use of Pinterest in higher ed. The chat was led by moderators and founders of #EMchat Alex Williams and Jennielle Strother.
Lots of excellent responses were shared as we discussed 5 primary questions:
- Are you currently using Pinterest on a personal or professional level? What about your institution?
- What do you think holds institutions back from investing time in newer mediums — specifically Pinterest?
- Who is engaging you most on your campus? Or off campus?
- Are students on your campus actively engaged in Pinning?
- Last time we talked about different boards to create. Healthy living, acceptance letters, etc. What ideas do you have?
You can view the entire transcript of the discussion below. There is a lot of awesome feedback from many people regarding these questions.
Be sure to check out the blog post that started it all, Higher Ed Pinterest Examples and Directory. And, if you don’t see your institution named in the directory, tweet us or comment in the blog to let us know. We will update the directory!