I recently had an amazing chat with Jason Cook, Vice President of Marketing and Communications at Texas A&M University and as of recently, the 2012 International Brand Master. And as of April 15, 2013, Mr. Cook has been named the new Senior Associate Athletics Director for External Affairs at Texas A&M University.
Brand insights flowed during the hour as we discussed many of these questions listed below. If you were not able to catch the live Higher Ed Live episode on April 11, 2013, be sure to watch the recorded version, below as well.
- What does branding a higher ed organization mean to you?
- What process was used to create the successful brand at Texas A&M University?
- Bringing together a university’s athletic and academic brand is tough, whose decision was it do this?
- Who at the University was brought together to make this a success?
- Who outside of the University was involved to make this a success?
- What were some of the biggest obstacles in bringing the academic and athletic brands together?
- When it comes to budget and political issues, how are the academic and athletic brands dealt with?
- Texas A&M over the last many years have been widely recognized as a top social media university, how has Texas A&M utilized social media to its fullest? How has Texas A&M been so successful at social media?
- If you could change one thing in higher ed branding and marketing, what would it be?