This year is a matchup of three extraordinary education branding professionals. We are honored to announce the finalists for the 2014 International Brand Master Award (listed in alphabetical order by last name).
Aaron Blau, University of Iowa: Aaron led conceptual and creative efforts for the “for IOWA” campaign in 2014, including paid advertising (radio, TV, online, print, OOH) and social media initiatives. The campaign specifically addressed research suggesting Iowans in outlying counties felt disconnected from and uninformed about University of Iowa’s impact and targeted recruitment of in-state students, key to the Iowa Board of Regent’s new funding formula for state universities. Click here for more information on Aaron Blau.
Ailie Ferrari, University of Glasgow: Recognising the need to differentiate the University in a global context through consistent storytelling, and having already successfully re-branded the University’s Hunterian Museum, Ailie engaged in a robust, evidence-based, inclusive and broad consultation process to develop a brand messaging framework. She launched the ‘Inspiring People’ brand at a newly established Marketing Forum, with a brand toolkit at www.glasgow.ac.uk/brand to support implementation. Click here for more information on Ailie Ferrari.
Dr. David Peck, Azusa Pacific University: David led the charge in pushing for brand conversations throughout the university, to educate faculty and staff at all levels about the university’s brand and their role in carrying it out for Azusa Pacific University audiences (prospective students, current students, alumni, donors, friends, etc.). He also brought in a consulting agency in to help work with the various schools within Azusa Pacific to establish specific brand messages for those areas that tie into the larger university brand promise. Click here for more information about Dr. David Peck.
With three extraordinary finalists to vote for, we are now asking for your help in determining the 2014 International Brand Master. Read more about the finalist and vote for the winner.
While the three finalists above are extremely talented, the judges had a very tough time choosing only three from the pool of this year’s 8 outstanding nominees. Congratulations to all of the nominees for being recognized by their peers and being apart of the competition. We hope to see your names show up again next year (listed in alphabetical order by last name).
- Bradley Bohlander, Associate Vice Chancellor for University Communications, North Carolina State University in North Carolina, United States
- Kathleen Dodd, Social Media Manager, George Mason University in Virginia, United States
- Ana Goncalves, Marketing Director, NOVA School of Business and Economics in Lisbon, Portugal
- Douglas Miller, New Media Manager, DePaul University in Illinois, United States
- Mike Richwalsky, Executive Director of Marketing and Creative Services, John Carroll University in Ohio, United States
I can’t thank them enough and I have done so numerous times in emails, phone calls, and more. I would like to thank them one more time. A sincere thank you to the judges listed below for taking time out of their busy days to use their knowledge and expertise to judge the branding work of this year’s extraordinary group of nominees (listed in alphabetical order).
- Mike Huska, Co-founder, Daymond John Academy in Florida, United States
- Ashley Martin: Director of Marketing, Kansas State University in Kansas, United States
- Ann Oleson: CEO and Co-founder, Converge Consulting in Iowa, United States
- Helen Pennack: Director of University Marketing, University of Warwick in England, United Kingdom