Terms of Service
Welcome to our website
This Terms of Service Statement informs you of the terms of usage, privacy policies, website policies, copyright notice, and sales policies of Educational Marketing Group,Inc. (EMG). This Statement applies to all EMG-owned websites and domains and is readily available and at the bottom of every EMG webpage.
EMG may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. If we change our Statement, we will post the revised statement here with an updated effective date. This policy is effective from February 13, 2012.
Throughout the Statement, the term ‘Educational Marketing Group, Inc.’ or ‘EMG’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ shall refer to the owner of the website whose registered office is 18690 E. Plaza Drive, Suite 101, Parker, CO 80134. The term ‘you’ shall refer to the user or viewer of our website.
Terms and Conditions
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Why we collect
We may collect information for the following reasons:
- When you order products or services
- When you request information
- When you subscribe to marketing or support materials
- When you register yourself for EMG services
- When you enter contests or participate in surveys
- When you apply for a job at EMG
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Financial information, including a credit card number
- Billing and transaction information
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with services requested, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Assist you in completing a transaction record
- Prevent and detect fraud or other malicious activity
- Internal record keeping
- Improving our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information and other sensitive personal information required to process a credit decision is not used for any other purpose by our financial services providers or EMG and will not be kept longer than necessary for providing the services.
Testimonials posted on our Web site are used with permission of the individual or institution cited.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and helps analyze web traffic. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by:
- Writing to Educational Marketing Group, Inc., 18690 E. Plaza Drive, Suite 101, Parker, CO 80134
- Emailing us at EMG
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties, except as described below:
- If we have your written permission to share your information
- If we are required by law, court order, or subpoena to do so
- To prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights and properties of EMG
- To protect the personal safety of EMG employees or third parties on EMG property
EMG retains service providers and suppliers to assist in delivering complete products. These service providers and suppliers are required by contract to keep information confidential on behalf of EMG. Some examples are credit card processors, email service providers, and shipping agents.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above addresses. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Or you can return to the webpage where you originally submitted your data and follow the instructions on that webpage.
EMG does not knowingly collect information from minor’s under the age of 18 and does not target its websites to children under 18.
EMG gives you the choice of receiving information on our products and services. You can subscribe to receive certain product- and service-specific information and also choose to receive EMG general communications, which include newsletters, product updates, new product information, special offers, or invitations to participate in market research. After you request such communications, you may opt out of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- Select the email “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each subscription communication
- Write to EMG and include your name, email, and specific information about the EMG subscriptions that you no longer wish to receive
This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering order completion, contracts, support, or other administrative notices.
EMG accepts two forms of payment: purchase and pay now with a credit card or purchase and pay with a check. If you are purchasing your service or product online, you will be given the choice during checkout. You may not be allowed to attend sessions or receive goods or services until payment has been received in full.
The time and date of the session will be according to the time and date listed on the website. EMG retains the right to change the time and/or date at any time. If you are unable to attend due to EMG’s change in time and/or date, you will have the option for a credit for a future session of equal or lessor value or a full refund. EMG accepts no responsibility for any actual or perceived loss due to the time and/or date change of a session, other than the actual cost of registration.
By registering for a session, you and any additional participants you register approve that any EMG-owned business has the right to record the session and provide these recordings on any EMG-owned websites or learning materials with your voice and contact information including name, title, organization, email address, phone number, and mailing address, as well as any contact information of any additional participants provided, so others may learn from the recorded session for a fee. While EMG will be paid so others may watch these recorded sessions, you acknowledge and approve that you and those you list as additional participants will not be paid for your participation in the original session, recorded session, or subsequent viewings of the recorded session.
The deadlines for session registration are as follows, subject to change:
- KnowledgeBuilder or other webinar is 24 hours prior to the start of the session. Late registrations will only be accepted as space allows.
- Brand Manager’s Summit or other conference is 72 hours prior to the start of the session. Late registrations will only be accepted as space allows.
- Training or seminar is ten business days prior to the start of the session. Request for sessions in a shorter timeframe may result in an increase in price and are subject to availability.
- Any custom session is fifteen business days prior to the start of the session. Request for sessions in a short timeframe may result in an increase in price and are subject to availability.
EMG reserves the right to cancel any session. If any session is cancelled by EMG, you will have the option for a credit for a future session of equal or lessor value or a full refund for the session.
Refunds for sessions are as follows:
- Cancellations must be made in writing at least five business days prior to the start of a KnowledgeBuilder or other webinar.
- Cancellations must be made in writing at least ten business days prior to the start of the Brand Manager’s Summit or other conference and will be charged a $50.00 administrative fee. If the value of the session is less than the $50.00 fee then no refund will be given.
- Cancellations must be made in writing at least ten business days prior to the start of a seminar or training and will be charged a $50.00 administrative fee plus any documented travel and expense fees incurred by EMG. If the value of the session is less than the $50.00 then no refund will be given.
- Cancellations must be made in writing at least fifteen business days prior to the start of a custom session and will be charged a $50.00 administrative fee plus any documented travel and expense fees incurred by EMG. If the value of the session is less than the $50.00 then no refund will be given.
Registered participants who do not attend their session will be charged the entire fee. No refunds will be provided for cancellations made after the cancellation deadline. Refunds will be processed within no more than 60 days following the determination that a refund is due.
Electronic goods refer to any white papers, guides, briefs, workbooks, or files that are delivered electronically. All prices are listed next to the electronic good and will be sent via email within 72 hours of receipt of payment. Refunds are not given once the order is complete and the file is sent, unless as stated below:
- Non-delivery of the product: if non-delivery of the product can be verified, EMG must be notified five business days after payment is received that the electronic good was not received.
- Unzipping issues: we may zip the electronic good prior to sending and this may cause issues unzipping the file. EMG must be notified within five business days after the electronic good was emailed that there is an issue.
- Major defects: all electronic goods are tested prior to being sent. However, some unexpected errors can occur. EMG must be notified within five business days after the electronic good was emailed that a major defect exists. We retain the right to rectify the electronic goods within 72 hours.
- Compatibility errors: some electronic goods may have issues with compatibility on your computer. EMG must be notified within five business days after the electronic good was emailed that a compatibility error exits. We retain the right to rectify the electronic files within 72 hours.
If you would like to request a refund, please contact EMG via email and provide your name, email, reason above for your refund, and product you would like refunded or call (303) 743-8298.
Refunds will be processed within no more than 60 days following the determination that a refund is due.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we make an effort to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event are we be liable for any loss or damages, including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of EMG. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, EMG takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its contents are copyrighted by Educational Marketing Group, Inc. – © Educational Marketing Group, Inc. 2012. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download content extracts to a local hard disk for your personal and non-commercial use only, provided you acknowledge EMG as the owner and source of the material
- You may copy the content extracts to individual third parties for their personal, non-commercial use only, and provided that you acknowledge EMG as the owner and source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.